The Back to NLP Engine element provides a way for your Intent Flow to return a conversation to the NLP Engine with a predefined text message.
This callback method is designed to be used in close coordination with the design of NLP engine components. You use the callback text message to pass information to the NLP engine, which it in turn uses in accordance with the current conversation status.
You can also use variables in the message to provide values to the NLP Engine from the Flow, enabling real time passage of values from another conversation or from an external data source session.
You can add multiple Back to NLP Engine elements to any Intent Flow.
Adding a Back to NLP Engine Element
You add the Back to NLP Engine when building or editing an Intent Flow, using the Back to NLP Engine navigation logic step. A Back to NLP Engine element is indicated on the Flow map by the icon.
- From the Flow map, right-click anywhere and select Add a Step, or hover over the step where you want to add the Parameter Resolver. The Navigation Logic menu is displayed.
- Hover over the Navigation Logic icon and click Back to NLP Engine. The Back to NLP Engine element editor is displayed:
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for this element.
- In the Send Text field, enter the text that should be sent to the NLP Engine at the current point in the Intent Flow.
The entry can also contain one or more variables whose real-time value provides information that is needed by the NLP Engine. For example: an account number, a specific user choice, or an account-related preference stored in a Flow.
Always send a phrase that contains information which can be recognized by the NLP Engine, in accordance with its design and the current conversation.
- Click Add Back to NL Engine. The editor closes and the new element is added to the Flow map.
Editing a Back to NLP Engine Element
- Open the Intent Flow containing the Back to NLP Engine element that you wish to change.
- From the Flow map, double-click on the desired element or right-click on it and select Edit.
The element editor opens.
- Make the desired changes using the editor.
- To save your changes, click Update Back to NLP Engine. The Back to NLP Engine element is updated on the Flow map.
Deleting a Back to NLP Engine Element
- Open the Intent Flow containing the Back to NLP Engine element that you wish to delete.
- From the Flow map, right-click on the element and select Delete. A warning message opens.
- Click Yes. The Back to NLP Engine element is deleted from the Flow Map.