Deflected Calls reporting makes analyzing the effectiveness of Visual IVR in your business easier and more productive.
Using Deflected Calls reporting APIs, the Jacada Interact Admin Console produces detailed metrics for tracked VIVR campaign activities and uses these metrics to create an analytical Deflected Calls Report.
The Deflected Calls Report produces a funnel-type diagram that quantifies the instances where callers use VIVR and do not require additional call-based support or assistance.
Note: Deflected Calls reporting only supports interactions that originate from IVR (not those originating from web activities).
Deflected Calls Report APIs include:
- Generate Token API: Deflected calls reporting uses a token mechanism to uniquely identify calls for sharing data among API components. You need to create this token before calling other APIs.
- Update Incoming Calls Count API: Aggregates the number of incoming calls with unique tokens.
- Update Lookup Count API: Aggregates the number of carrier lookups that were performed. (Optional)
- Update VIVR Suggested Count API: Aggregates the number of times which the use of VIVR was suggested to callers.
- Update SMS Sent Count (Opt-In) API: Aggregates the number of times which a caller accessed VIVR using an opt-in link that originated with an SMS.
- Update Transfer to Agent Count API: Aggregates the number of times that a caller made a new call to an Agent following the use of VIVR.
Deflected Calls Reporting Event Flow
As shown in the following diagram, Deflected Calls reporting events are closely tied to the process of your VIVR campaign. APIs are associated with key events and enable data collection for callers, lookups, opt-in suggestions, SMS activity, use of VIVR, and new calls to Agents. (Click on the diagram to enlarge it.)
External Campaign Reporting
The API can also collect key data for campaigns that generate SMS links and other components externally. The following diagram shows the event flow and APIs used for these scenarios:
When using external components, the Defected Calls Report still needs to receive identity parameters in order to collect and aggregate event data. For more details, see Deflected Calls Report API Best Practices, below.
Deflected Calls Report API Best Practices
- The workflow must always start with a call to the Generate Token API in order to produce a unique token that can identify activities for aggregation in the report. Alternatively, Deflected Calls Report APIs will accept a unique token from any source, as long the token conforms to the Generate Token API rules.
- When calling sibling APIs, the unique token identifier is usually a required parameter, to be passed in the HTTP Body.
- Other API call logic should closely match the order of activities defined in the referenced campaign or interaction.
- When calling the Send SMS API, it is recommended to use Send SMS API (Version 3), as it fully supports deflected calls reporting. If Send SMS API Version 2 is used, you also need to call the Update SMS Sent Count API in order to receive identical reporting functionality.
- When using an external API to send an SMS, use the additionalParams field in the Get Interaction Link API to pass the additional Deflected Calls reporting parameters to the external SMS gateway:
- Caller ID, e.g., &CallerId=+97255555555
- Unique Token, e.g., &startedFromSmsToken=HdMf1Q3