The Language Manager of the Interaction Designer lets you easily manage translation workflows so your Interactions can support multiple languages. This article explains how to use the Language Manager to:
- Export texts for translation
- Import translation texts
- Add more languages to your current language package
Exporting Texts for Translation
The Export Wizard exports Interaction texts into a file format that can be sent for translation. You can export multiple Interactions simultaneously. The wizard creates a CSV file for every exported Interaction, and then wraps the CSV file(s) into a single ZIP file.
To export texts for translation:
- From the toolbar of the Designer, select Languages > Export Translation Files.
The Export Wizard opens. By default, all Interactions are selected for export. (If an Interaction has more than one version, the latest version is automatically exported.)
- If you do not want to export all Interactions, open the All Interactions list and clear the Select all checkbox. Then, select the checkboxes of the Interactions you want to export.
As you make your selections, the names of the selected Interactions are listed above the Search bar. If you select more than three Interactions, the number of selected Interactions is displayed (e.g., 5 selected).
- Click Export.
The ZIP file is created and stored in your Downloads folder. The syntax of the file name is Translate Jacada <your account name>.zip
Each CSV file (within the .zip file) is automatically named according to its Interaction name.
- Send the file for translation. The text to be translated is displayed in the Source Text column of each CSV file. Translators should enter the relevant translations in the column(s) to the right.
Importing Translated Texts
The Import Wizard imports translated texts by adding new (translated) versions of the Interactions to your account.
To import translated texts:
- From the toolbar of the Designer, select Languages > Import Translation Files.
The Import Wizard opens.
- Select the file to import:
Click Choose File. Then, from the Open dialog, navigate to and select the required ZIP file and click Open.
The name of the selected ZIP file is displayed below the Choose File button, and the Import button is enabled.
- Click Import.
The translated texts are imported and a new version of each translated Interaction is created, to be used as required. You can access the translated versions can be viewed and opened from the Versions tab of the Admin Console's Interactions menu. For example:
Adding More Languages to Your Current Language Package
In the event that you need to support additional languages for an Interaction, simply repeat the export and import process. When you export, the CSV files created by the Export Wizard will automatically contain all previous translations. New languages should be added by the translators in the empty columns to the right.
If any changes are made to previously translated text in the CSV file (languages that were already in your language package), the updated translations are automatically applied to the relevant Interaction(s) with the import process. (Previous translations are overwritten.)