Jacada's Multi Environment feature enables a single web-based Interact account to support three distinct, separate operating environments. This setup allows for continuous and efficient development and testing without interruption to or interference with the dedicated production environment. Similarly, in the event that production defects are discovered, they can be fixed in a separate testing environment without interfering with any new development that is currently in progress in the dedicated development environment.
Note: Multi Environment accounts are currently supported only in the web-based Interaction Designer.
The three out-of-the-box environments provided for Multi Environment accounts are:
- DEV: A dedicated environment for development. All new Interactions are automatically published to this environment.
- TEST: A dedicated environment for testing. TEST mode can simulate either the PROD environment (for testing of new features in a production-like setting) or the DEV environment (for fixes of production defects).
- PROD: The production environment. Interactions and their resources may not be edited.
Each environment has its own set of applications, Interactions and resources. An easy to use Deployment Wizard lets you import and export resources between environments. To streamline deployment of Interactions to different environments, you can create environment variables whose values change according to the current environment.
To find out more about working in a Multi Environment account, refer to the following articles:
- Understanding the Multi Environment Admin Console
- The Multi Environment Setup: Working in DEV, TEST and PROD
- Using Environment Variables
- Performing Deployment in the Multi Environment Setting
- Multi Environment: Managing Snapshots and Rollbacks
- Best Practices for Multi Environment Operation
Note: The Multi Environment feature must be activated initially by System Administrators. If you would like your account to support Multi Environment, please contact Jacada Support.