An Interaction Flow provides you, your agents and your customers with a smart menu-driven interface to enhance service offerings at call centers, on websites, and on your customers' mobile devices.
Creating an Interaction Flow
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select New. The Add New - Select Flow Type popup is displayed.
- Click Create Interaction. The Add New Interaction popup is displayed:
- In the Interaction Name field, enter a unique name for your new Intent Flow. We recommend that Flow names include English characters (upper and/or lower case) and numbers (0-9) only.
- Click Create. The new Interaction Flow is added to the Interaction list, and the Flow Map displays the First Page prompt.
- Continue to build your new Interaction Flow by adding steps to it.
Opening an Existing Interaction Flow
From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select any Interaction Flow that is published to your account.
The Recent list shows the 10 created or viewed Flows. To open one of these Flows, simply select it from the list.
If the desired Interaction Flow does not appear in the Recent list, you can open it via the Open dialog:
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select Open. The Open dialog opens, displaying the Home folder and any additional folders that have been created for your account. (For more details about folders, click here.)
- Expand the tree to view the list of Flows. If a Flow has more than one version, the ten most recent versions are shown, with the latest version listed first.
You can filter the list by entering text in the Search field. Searching will filter the list by Interaction Flow Name (or part of a Name) or any text from its Description field. After entering text, click the Search icon to execute the search:
- Select the Interaction Flow you want to open, and then click Open.
The selected Flow opens in a new browser tab.
Navigating between Open Interaction Flows
Open Flows appear as tabs in the navigation list at the top of the page. You may have several open at the same time, but only one can be active. The active Flow is highlighted with a yellow underline:
To navigate between open Flows, simply click on the desired Flow tab in the navigation list.
Closing an Interaction Flow
From the Navigation list, click on the X next to the Interaction name.
Cloning (Duplicating) an Interaction Flow
- Ensure that the Interaction Flow you want to duplicate is open and currently selected in the Designer.
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select Clone. The clone dialog box will be displayed.
- Enter a name for the new cloned Interaction Flow. The name must be unique.
- The selected Interaction Flow will be cloned to a new tab and focus will be moved to the cloned Interaction tab.
Note: Cloning copies all of an Interaction Flow's elements without creating any dependencies to the original Interaction Flow. Cloning does not affect the Status (Draft/Approved) of the original Interaction Flow.
Renaming an Interaction Flow
The name of an Interaction Flow can be changed only after it is published. For details, refer to Publishing Flows.
Refreshing an Interaction Flow
You can manually refresh the active Interaction Flow at anytime by clicking the Refresh button in the main toolbar. The refresh will update all the Interaction Flow's resources, including system variables, custom types, rules and sub-interactions. Refresh will also redraw the Flow map to reflect any changed resources. Only the currently active Interaction Flow is refreshed.
Deleting an Interaction Flow
An Interaction Flow can not be deleted from within the Web Designer. For details on how to delete an Interaction Flow using the Admin Console, click here.