Congratulations! You are about to use Jacada Interact to design Interactions. Interactions provide you, your agents and your customers with a smart menu-driven interface to enhance service offerings at call centers, on websites, and on your customers' smartphones.
Creating an Interaction
To create a new Interaction, all you need to do is give your Interaction a unique name (not the same as any other existing Interaction). Here's how to do it:
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select New.
The New Interaction popup opens.
- In the Interaction Name textbox, enter a name for your new Interaction.
Note: It is recommended that Interaction names include English characters (upper and/or lower case) and numbers (0-9) only.
- Click Create.
The new Interaction is added to the Interaction list, and the Interaction Map displays the First Page prompt.
- Continue to build the Interaction by adding steps to it.
Opening an Existing Interaction
From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select any Interaction that is published to your account.
The Recent list shows the ten Interactions that you most recently created or viewed. To open one of these Interactions, simply select the relevant Interaction from the list.
If the Interaction you want to open does not appear in the Recent list, you can open it from the Open Interaction dialog. Here's how to do it:
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select Open.
The Open dialog opens, displaying the Home folder and any additional folders that have been created for your account. (For more information about folders, click here.)
- Expand the tree to view the list of Interactions. If an Interaction has more than one version, the ten most recent versions are shown, with the latest version listed first.
You can filter the Interactions list by entering text in the Search field. Searching will filter the list by Interaction Name (or part of a Name) or any text from the Interaction Description. After entering text, click the Search icon to execute the search:
- Select the Interaction you want to open, and then click Open.
The selected Interaction opens in a new browser tab.
Navigating between Open Interactions
Open Interactions appear as navigation tabs in the navigation list at the top of the page. You may have several Interactions open at the same time, but only one can be active. The active Interaction is highlighted with a yellow underline. The inactive Interactions appear in gray text.
To navigate between open Interactions, select a different Interaction in the navigation list.
Closing an Interaction
From the Navigation list, click on the X next to the Interaction name.
Cloning (Duplicating) an Interaction
- Ensure that the Interaction you want to duplicate is open and currently selected in the Designer.
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select Clone. The clone dialog box will be displayed.
- Enter a name for the new cloned Interaction. The name must be unique.
- The selected Interaction will be cloned to a new tab and focus will be moved to the cloned Interaction tab.
Note: Cloning copies all of an Interaction's elements without creating any dependencies to the original Interaction. Cloning does not affect the Status (Draft/Approved) of the original Interaction.
Renaming an Interaction
An Interaction name can be changed only when it is published. For details, refer to Publishing Interactions.
Refreshing an Interaction
You can manually refresh the active Interaction at anytime by clicking the Refresh button in the main toolbar. The refresh will update all the Interaction's resources, including system variables, custom types, rules and sub-interactions. Refresh will also redraw the Interaction map to reflect any changed resources. Only the currently active Interaction is refreshed.
Deleting an Interaction
An Interaction can not be deleted from within the Interaction Designer. For details on how to delete an Interaction using the Admin Console, refer to Deleting Interactions.