In this mode, the Interaction page is displayed in the simulator on the left side of the Editor. As you navigate through the Interaction, the system stops at each request for input and displays all the accumulated prompts in the center pane. You can then edit the prompt translations, as described in the procedure below.
Note: By default, the simulator displays the Interaction with a Web Self Service look and feel. To view the Interaction with a Mobile Web look and feel, at the top of the simulator, click Mobile.
To use the Prompts Editor (Simulator mode):
- To display Simulator mode, at the top of the center pane of the Editor, click Page.
- Navigate through the Interaction until an untranslated audio is found (or until you want to modify an annotation). For example:
- From the center pane of the Editor, click the audio link of the relevant prompt.
The voice prompt is loaded into the audio player and the recording is played.
- If necessary, use the audio controls at the top of the pane to pause and/or repeat the recording.
- In the field below the audio link, enter the translation for the audio file. Use the Quick Guide to help you select the appropriate annotation(s).
To insert an annotation into the field, position the cursor at the point where you want to insert the annotation, and then click the relevant link in the Quick Guide.
Note: For detailed information about translation and using annotations, refer to Converting VXML Scripts to Visual Elements.
- At the top of the center pane of the Editor, click Save.
Your changes are saved in the relevant .xml prompt file.
- To view your updates in the Interaction page, click Reload.
The current Interaction page is reloaded in the simulator, displaying the updated translations.
- Repeat Steps 3-7 as necessary, until all audios on the page have been translated to your satisfaction.
- Continue navigating through the Interaction until all audios are translated.
Note: The Prompts Editor does not allow you to navigate back to previously displayed pages in the Interaction. (This behavior mirrors the Voice IVR.) To access previous pages of the Interaction, you need to restart the Interaction.