Flows that are published to the Interact server can be assigned a URL containing the direct path to the Flow. Using the Share feature generates a URL link you can distribute to colleagues or send to customers via SMS.
Interact enables you to protect access to a Flow URL in order to control its usage and prevent possible misuse. For example, you can limit the lifetime of a URL or the number of times it can be invoked. You can also require validation of URL parameters.
When a user attempts to invoke a Flow URL that has become disabled due to security limits, a notification message is displayed.
Note: Currently, only Interaction Flows provide Access Protection features.
You use the Access Protection tab to configure URL security for a Flow:
- From the Flows page of the Admin Console, click on the name of the Flow you wish to protect. The Details tab for the selected Flow will be displayed.
- Click on the Access Protection tab at the top of the panel to activate it. A list of all Applications available to the selected Flow is displayed.
When the list is long, you can locate a specific version by entering a few letters from any of its details in the Search field.
- To protect an Application, from the dropdown menu in the Access column, select Protected.
- Set protection parameters for the selected Application:
Item Description # Allowed Invocations The Flow's URL can be launched only the predefined number of times (e.g., 10). URL Expiration The length of time that a Flow's URL will be publicly active before expiring. Enter or select both the number and the time unit: Validate URL Parameters When set to True, the URL will not be usable if any of its parameters are changed.
- At the lower right corner of the page, click Save. A confirmation message is displayed, and changes are saved in the Flow.