The action buttons at the upper right corner of the DNIS Manager tab enable you to manage the phone number list. The Free button is relevant to both the DNIS Application and the DNIS Service Application. The rest of the action buttons appear only when the DNIS Application is used.
|Import||Imports a list of phone numbers from an Excel file. For details, refer to Adding Numbers to the Phone List.|
|Export||Exports the current list of phone numbers to an Excel file. This button is available only when at least one number is on the list.|
|Add||Enables you to manually add a phone number to the list. For details, refer to Adding Numbers to the Phone List.|
|Delete||Deletes one or more numbers from the list. This button is available only when at least one number on the list is selected.|
|Disable||Inactivates one or more numbers on the list. This button is available only when at least one number on the list is selected.
To reactivate a disabled number, select the number and then click Enable.
|Free||Manually releases a number to which a unique Interaction identifier has been allocated. When the DNIS Manager page is refreshed, the identifier no longer appears in the Interaction Unique Id column.|
Adding Numbers to the Phone List
By default, the phone grid on the DNIS Manager tab is empty, and only the following buttons are displayed:
- Import: Enables you to navigate to the Excel file (.xls or .xlsx) of your choice, and import the data into the phone grid. The following columns need to be defined on the Excel:
- External Number
- Group Name (if relevant)
- Add: Enables you to manually add phone numbers to the grid. Numbers are added one at a time.
To add a number to the phone list (using the Add button):
- At the upper right corner of the DNIS Manager page, click Add.
The New Phone popup opens.
- Enter the following settings in the appropriate fields:
- Phone Number: The complete number, including all prefixes (area code, etc.).
- DNID: An identifier for the number, generally the last 4 or 6 digits of the phone number.
- Group Name: A user defined logical association for the number. This setting is not mandatory.
- At the top of the popup, click Add.
The New Phone popup closes, and the number is added to the phone list.