Use the Call Return settings to define the call handling process that is used when a customer presses a Call Return button during runtime.
This method enables a customer to directly request a callback from an Agent:
Note: When using this method, ensure that the dropdown value for Call Return is set to Yes in the Client Settings tab of the Application that will be used during runtime. For more information, click here.
Interact supports the following call handling types:
- Email: When customers request a callback, an email is sent to the call center, and alerts an Agent that a customer is waiting for a callback. The email includes the customer phone number, Flow Unique ID, request time and any other data passed by the Email Variable Set (when configured). This is the default callback method.
- External Service: When customers request a callback, a call is made to a web service with a request to place the customer's number in the queue, and to save the Flow Unique ID. The web service involved should be one that provides CTI services (e.g., Twilio, Avaya Callback, Cisco Courtesy Callback, etc.).
Editing Call Return Settings for the Account
Note: Some Applications enable you to set custom connectivity values for a selected Application. For more information, click here.
- From the Settings menu in the Admin Console, click Connectivity. The Connectivity page is displayed.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Edit. The settings become editable.
- In the Call Return Settings section, use the Select the method... dropdown list to select the desired call handling method:
- When Email is selected, in the Email Address... field, enter the address to which the alert message to Agents should be sent. (The default value for this field is the address provided on the Account Information page.)
- When External Service is selected, from the System Integration Point dropdown list, assign the Integration Point that will be used. (All defined Callback Integration Points will be listed.)
Note: If no Callback Integration Points are defined, or if you want to create an additional Callback Integration Point, click Add to access the New Integration Point wizard. For more details, click here.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save. Changes are saved in the system.