The workflow for designing a Menu item in your Interaction is as follows:
- Create a multiple choice Question, with a click to continue display option.
- Create the categories that will contain the choices. The categories are the root level of the menu.
- Create choices (options) within each category.
- Connect each choice in the Menu item to the Interaction element that should follow it.
To design a Menu item:
- From the Insert menu, select Menu. Alternatively, from the Interaction Elements toolbar, click IconMenuItem, and then click inside the Interaction Map.
The Menu Definition dialog opens.
- Click Add Category.
The Category Definition dialog opens.
- Specify category settings:
- In the Reference name field, enter the name of the category. The name should be unique, so it can be used for referencing. (The reference name appears only in Design view. It is not visible to users.)
- In the Category Label field, enter the text that users running the Interaction will see on the page.
- If desired, from the Category Image frame, select and upload an image from the server’s Image Library. For details, refer to Inserting Images.In the Designer, the default image for a category is a folder icon.
- Click OK.
The Category Definition dialog closes, and the category is displayed in the Menu Definition dialog.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 until all categories have been created.
- Select a category, and then click Add Option.
The Choice Definition dialog opens.
- Specify choice settings:
- In the Reference name field, enter the name of the choice. The name should be unique, so it can be used for referencing. (The reference name appears only inDesign view. It is not visible to users.)
- In the Choice/Button Label field, enter the text that users running the Interaction will see on the page.
- If desired, from the Choice Image frame, select and upload an image from the server’s Image Library, or upload an image using any external URL. For details, refer to Inserting Images.
- Click OK.
The Choice Definition dialog closes, and the choice is displayed in the Menu Definition dialog.Note: To view the choice list, double-click on the category.
- Repeat Steps 6-8 until all choices, for all categories, have been created.
- Review your categories and options, and edit the menu as necessary:
- Use drag-and-drop to rearrange the order of the categories, and/or to change the order of the options. (The order configured in the Menu Definition dialog is the order in which the items are presented to the user.)
- To update the settings of an item, select the item, and then click Edit. The relevant Definition dialog will open.
- To remove an item, select the Item, and then click Delete. Removing a category automatically deletes all its options.
- When your menu is ready, click OK.
The Menu Definition dialog closes, and the Menu item is displayed in the Interaction Map.
- Insert a Connector between the Menu item and the Interaction element that is to follow one of the menu options.
The Menu Option window opens.
- From the Menu Option window, select the relevant option, and then click OK.
The Menu Option window closes. In the Interaction Map, the Connector is labeled with the selected option.
- Repeat Steps 12-13 until all menu options have been connected to Interaction elements. As you proceed, menu options that have already been assigned no longer appear in the Menu Option window.
Note: You will not be able to publish the Interaction until all menu options have been assigned to a follow-up element.