A direct URL to the Agent Application is a URL that accesses a specific Interaction, bypassing the Login page and the Interactions tab. Direct links can be used to access an Interaction that is in progress (Interaction ID link), or an Interaction that has been completed (History Flow link).
The most efficient way to obtain a direct URL is to copy the link that is provided for you in the Admin Console. Follow the relevant procedure below to find the correct URL to copy.
To obtain the direct URL for an Interaction:
- From the Resources menu of the Admin Console, select Interactions.
The Interactions page opens.
- From the list of Interactions in the Name column, click the name of the relevant Interaction.
The Details tab opens.
- At the top of the page, click Share.
The Share popup opens.
- From the Share interaction on dropdown list, verify that Agent is selected.
- The Interaction's URL Access link indicates the access protection status of the Interaction for the selected application channel (Opened or Protected). For more information about protecting an Interaction link, refer to Protecting Access to Interactions.
- If relevant, in the URL Parameters field, enter parameters to be appended to the generated URL.
The required format is ¶m_1=value1¶m_2=value2 and so on.
- To generate a more friendly URL, from the Shorten Url dropdown list, select True.
- Click Generate Link.
The URL is displayed in the Interaction URL frame.
Note: For more details about the Share popup and how to use it, refer to Sharing and Distributing Interactions.
Building a Direct URL Manually
When building a direct URL manually, the recommended workflow is to copy and modify the Agent Full URL that is displayed on the Details page of the relevant application in the Admin Console (Applications menu). If you do not have access to the Admin Console, follow the structure below to build a direct URL.
Direct Access to a New Interaction Instance
The format of a direct URL to a new instance of an Interaction is:
For example: http://188.8.131.52:8080/agent-app/?accountId=12345678?appkey=486f4918-bbbd-4dbe-b094-4f3a778faccb&interaction=abcd-123456
Note: The Interaction ID is generated in the Jacada Interaction Server Admin Console, and can be viewed on the Interaction's Details page of the relevant Interaction. For more information, refer to Viewing and Modifying Interaction Details.
Interaction variables may be passed in the direct URL, so that when the Interaction instance starts, the variable values will be automatically populated in the pages of the Interaction. In the following example, the URL will launch the Interaction with id=abcd-123456 and will populate the Var1 and Var2 Interaction variables:
Direct Access to a Started Interaction Instance
The format of a direct URL to an Interaction instance that is currently in progress, or completed, is:
For example: http://10.90.17.160:8080/agent-app/?appkey=0d7d20b6-e0aa-45bc-9f8c-98c77451b67a&uniqueId=0909015
In the above example, the Interaction Unique ID (0909015) is used as the parameter by which to access the Interaction instance. You may also use any other caller attribute, as detailed in Accessing the History Flow Tab.
Using this type of direct link accesses the History Flow tab, which provides a read-only summary of the entire Interaction. For more information, refer to Viewing Interaction History.