Use the Call Now settings to define the call handling process that is used when a customer presses a Call Now button during runtime.
Interact supports the following call handling types:
|Direct Dial with DTMF Code||The call is directed to the number specified in the Call Now Phone Number System Variable. A DTMF code (associated with the unique ID of the Flow instance) is passed with the call. This method is selected by default.
Note: Due to limitations of the Android platform, the DTMF code will not be passed by Android devices. For assistance in creating alternative solutions for the Android platform, please contact Jacada Support.
Process flow for Direct Dial with DTMF Code call handling is shown in the following diagram:
|In the following example (from the Web Self Service application), the DTMF code is 1017010.
|Direct Dial||The call is directed to the number specified in the Call Now Phone Number System Variable.
By default, no additional information is passed with the call. However, the call center can store a unique identifier, such as the ANI, in the historySearchID URL parameter for the Flow instance. This parameter is then used by the Agent to access the Flow history.
Process flow for Direct Dial call handling is shown in the following diagram:
|In the following example, 1-800-0000000 is the value of the Call Now Phone Number System Variable:
|DNIS Manager||The call is allocated to one of a group of numbers that are predefined in the Admin Console, or assigned by a third party service.
For more details about DNIS, click here.
|For details about DNIS, click here.|
Editing Call Now Settings for the Account
Note: Some Applications enable you to set custom connectivity values for a selected Application. For more information, click here.
- From the Settings menu in the Admin Console, click Connectivity. The Connectivity page is displayed.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Edit. The settings become editable.
- In the Call Now Settings section, use the Select the method... dropdown list to select the desired call handling method:
- If DNIS Manager is selected, enter an appropriate value in the Number allocation timeout textbox. In runtime, allocated phone numbers will be freed from allocation following the number of minutes specified.
If one of the Direct Dial methods is selected, the Call Now Phone Number System Variable value is used.
- Optionally select the relevant After Hours schedule from the After Hours Settings dropdown list.
Note: To clear an After Hours schedule that has already been defined, select None.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save. Changes are saved in the system.
Setting the Value of the Call Now Phone Number
Click Change System Variable 'Call Now Phone Number' to edit the built-in System Variable default value for the account.
By default, this value can be changed during runtime by the Designer, if needed. To ensure that the default value cannot be changed, make the System Variable Read Only.
For detailed information on setting a System Variable, click here.
Note: If the Call Now Phone Number System Variable is currently used in one or more Flows, a warning is displayed when you attempt to change its default value.