The DNIS Manager is configured from the Connectivity menu of the Admin Console. Setup involves selecting the DNIS Manager as the customer call handling method, and then adding a list of phone numbers.
You may want to consult with your IVR or IT specialist to come up with the list of numbers that will be connected to your IVR or PBX. The recommended size of the list depends on the number of potential concurrent callers that will contact your company. Phone numbers can be added one at a time (as described below), or imported from an Excel file.
To set up the DNIS Manager:
- From the menu bar of the Admin Console, select Settings > Connectivity.
The Connectivity page opens, with the General tab displayed by default.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Edit.
The settings become editable.
- From the dropdown list in the Call Now Settings section, select DNIS Manager.
- In the Number allocation timeout textbox, enter an appropriate value. In runtime, allocated phone numbers will be freed from allocation following the number of minutes specified.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save.
Changes are saved in the system, and the settings are displayed on the General tab.
- Click the DNIS Manager Settings link. Alternatively, at the top of the page, select the DNIS Manager tab.
The DNIS Manager page opens.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Add.
The New Phone popup opens.
- Enter the following settings in the appropriate fields:
- Phone Number: The complete number, including all prefixes (area code, etc.). For this exercise, you can enter your mobile or office number.)
- DNID: An identifier for the number, generally the last 4 or 6 digits of the phone number.
- Group Name: A user defined logical association for the number. This setting is not mandatory. For the purposes of this exercise, enter Sales.
- At the top of the popup, click Add.
The New Phone popup closes, and the number is added to the phone list on the DNIS Manager page.
- Repeat Steps 7-9 to add a second phone number to the list. In the Group Name field, enter Support.