An application key is required for communication with the Interaction Server. Each account has unique application keys for each application that is defined on the Applications page. Out-of-the-box applications come with a predefined application key. When you add new applications, an application key is generated for you automatically by the system.
As a security precaution, you can regenerate application keys at regular intervals. If you suspect that security on any of your applications has been breached in any way, it is recommended to regenerate the application key immediately.
Regenerating the application key is done from the Edit view of the Application Details page. After the application key is regenerated, your users need to update the value of the application key in their application settings.
Note: If you are working in a Multi Environment account, you may regenerate the application key from the PROD environment only.
To regenerate an application key:
- From the Applications page, in the relevant row of the grid, click the Application Name link.
The Application Details page is displayed.
- At the right upper corner of the page, click Edit
The fields become editable.
- At the right side of the page, click Re-Generate.
A new application key sequence is displayed in the Application Key field.
- Distribute the new application key to your users:
- Agent Application: The new application key needs to be appended to the URL used to access the application.
- Web Self Service Applications: The new application key needs to be appended to the URL used to access the application.
- Interaction Designer: The new application key needs to be defined in the Options menu (Settings page).