The following applications are provided out-of-the-box and are available to all customers:
- Interaction Designer: Used to create and modify Interactions, and publish them to the Interaction Server.
- Jacada Interact Admin Console: Allows you to manage all aspects of your account, configure resources (such as web server Integration Points), and define settings for customer assistance features.
- Agent (History only): A dedicated client designed for call center use, to allow agents to view Interaction history during a session with a customer.
- Public API Service: A dedicated client used for invoking third-party APIs.
- Launchpad: A supplementary application provided to VIVR users that demonstrates the capabilities of Visual IVR. For more information, refer to Using the Launchpad.
Availability of the following out-of-the-box applications varies, according to license type:
- Agent Application
- Mobile Web Application
- Collaboration (This is a dedicated Mobile Web channel for customer collaboration and document sharing.)
- Web Self Service Application
- DNIS or DNIS as a Service Application (This is a dedicated client used for call integration. For details, refer to Working with the DNIS Manager.)
- Editor Web Self Service and/or Editor Mobile (These are dedicated clients designed for use in the VXML Connector Prompts Editor.)
Interact out-of-the-box applications use default security settings, and come with a generated application key. The default settings can be changed at any time to suit your environment.
Working with Applications in the Admin Console
The Applications page displays a list of all the applications accessible to you that are configured to work with the Interaction Server. Basic information about each application is provided in the grid. Clicking the link in the Application Name column opens a page that lists detailed settings relevant to the selected application. The Active checkbox indicates whether the application is currently able to communicate with the server. The application key of an inactive application is disabled, and users are unable to access Interactions using that application.
The following topics describe: