The New User button enables Account and System Administrators to create a new user.
To help ensure account security, administrators do not have the ability to set the new user's password manually. Instead, when a new user is added, the following email is automatically sent to the user:
Clicking the link redirects new users to the Choose Your Password page, where they can create a password independently. Until new users create a password, they remain in Unverified status, and are not able to access and use the system. After a password is set, the user status changes to Verified, and users with the appropriate roles are authorized to access the Admin Console.
Users who do not respond to the reminder email are automatically deleted from the system 14 days after the account has been created. Three days before account deletion (i.e., 11 days after account creation), a notification is sent by email to the administrator who created the account. For example:
Users who are created with an activity status of Inactive do not receive these automatic emails. When the user's activity status is changed to Active, the first email is sent and the days to expiration count begins.
If the email address of an unverified (and Active) user is changed by an administrator, the first email is resent to the new address, and the days to expiration count is reset to 14.
If no email settings are defined for either your account or the Jacada Interact system account, the user is created with a Verified status and is assigned a default password. It is your responsibility to provide these users with their credentials, and instruct them to change their passwords using the Change Password feature.
To add a new user:
- At the upper right corner of the Users page, click New User.
The New User page opens.
- Enter the following parameters in the appropriate textboxes:
- First name: The user's given name.
- Last name: The user's family name.
- Description: Notes or comments related to the user. This parameter is optional.
- Alias: A friendly name by which the user is known.
- Email: The email address to which system notifications will be sent. This parameter must be unique for each user.
- In the Username textbox, enter a unique credential to be used for accessing the Admin Console. The username may be in email format, but it does not need to be the user's actual email address.
Note: In Interact, both the Username and Password parameters are case-sensitive.
- From the Profile Type dropdown, select the appropriate role for the new user:
Note: For more details about the roles, refer to Roles and Permissions.
- Designer: Authorized to perform all server-related activities in the Designer, and has read-only access to the Admin Console. This is the default profile.
- Agent: Authorized to log into the Interaction Server clients (Mobile, Web and Agent) and run Interactions. Not authorized to access the Admin Console.
- Interaction Admin: Authorized to perform all activities in the Admin Console that are relevant to Interaction management.
- Account Admin: Authorized to perform all operations related to management of the account.
- VXML Connector Admin: Authorized to view and update all account management menus and most communication settings menus, but have limited access to server resources.
- From the Active dropdown, select the desired activity status of the new user:
- Yes: The new user will be active. (The user is able to perform all operations as expected.)
- No: The new user will be inactive. (The user is unable to perform any operation that requires authentication.)
- If desired, enter relevant user details in the remaining fields (Title, Department, Division, Phone, Fax, Ext., and Mobile).
- If the new user has a role of Interaction or Account Admin, and you want the user to receive an email notification each time an Interaction is published to the account, select the Receive e-mail notifications checkbox.
- For Multi Environment accounts only: If the new user has a role of Interaction or Account Admin, and you do not want the user to have access to the PROD environment, select the Restrict Production Access checkbox.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Account details are saved, and the new user is displayed in the Users List.