You configure Interact Email settings to enable both outgoing and incoming connectivity for your account.
Outgoing Email Configuration for the Account
The Email Settings page stores SMTP server settings for your account. These settings are used to send email from Flows that contain email elements.
On first access, the Email Settings page will show default settings which likely need to be updated in order to allow Interact email options to function properly.
- From the Account menu in the Admin Console, click Email. The Email Settings page is displayed.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Edit. The settings become editable:
- Enter the relevant host name in the Host Name field.
- Enter the relevant SMTP port in the SMTP Port field.
Note: Your SMTP server must have a currently validated, trusted SSL Certificate.
- To use SSL and/or TLS, select Yes from the appropriate dropdown list(s).
- If your email settings require authentication, select Yes from the Use Authentication dropdown list, and enter the relevant username and password in the appropriate fields.
- In the Email 'From' Address field, enter the From address to be displayed in the emails that are sent from the account.
- At the right upper corner of the page, click Save. A confirmation message is displayed and page settings are updated. In addition, both the Clear and Test buttons are enabled.
Testing SMTP Email Settings
- To test Email settings, from the upper right corner of the Email Settingspage, click Test. The Test Email Settings page opens.
- In the Recipient Email field, enter the email address to which a test email will be sent. Then, click Send. A confirmation message is displayed.
Note: Be sure to verify that your test email was received at the recipient address.
Deleting Email Settings
- To delete account email settings, click Clear. A warning popup opens:
- Click Yes. The account email settings will be restored to their default values.
Incoming 'Contact Us' Email Configuration for the Account
The Connectivity Settings page stores the Application email address that is used by the various Contact Us methods when a customer wants to connect with an Agent.
- From the Settings menu in the Admin Console, click Connectivity. The Connectivity page is displayed.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Edit. The settings become editable.
- In the Contact Us Email Settings section, enter the default email address into the Email Address for 'Contact Us' field:
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save. Changes are saved in the system.