A published Flow can be assigned either Draft or Approved status:
- Draft. The Flow has been published to the Interact server but is not yet accessible to Jacada Interact clients.
- Approved. The Flow has undergone an appropriate review process and is available for use by Jacada Interact clients. In addition, when working in a Single Environment account, you cannot edit or delete a variable that is currently being used by an Approved Flow.
When a Designer publishes a Flow, it is usually assigned a Draft status and must be manually Approved by an Admin. (You can change this behavior from the General Settings page.) Only one version of a Flow can have Approved status at any time.
Approving a Flow
The Flow approval process differs slightly, depending on which type of Environment you are using:
Multi Environment Account
You change the status of a Flow using the Versions tab. For details click here.
Single Environment Account
- From the Flows page of the Admin Console, select the checkbox to the left of the Draft Flow that you want to Approve. The Approve button will be enabled:
- Click Approve. A confirmation message is displayed. You will be notified if approving the published version will overwrite a private draft version.
- Click Yes. The selected version status will be modified and updated on the list.
For details on how to Approve a specific version of a Flow, click here.
Reverting an Approved Flow to Draft Status
When working in a Single Environment account, you can change the status of a Flow from Approved back to Draft. This is important when you want to:
- revert publication of the Flow,
- enable editing of variables used by the Flow, or
- delete the Flow
To enable this functionality, a Back to Draft button is activated at the upper right of the Details tab of Approved Flows:
Click this button to change the status of the Flow back to Draft. A confirmation message is displayed. Click Yes to confirm reversion.