To test the DNIS Manager settings that were configured, we will now create a simple Interaction that begins with a multiple choice Question prompting users to select one of two choices: Sales or Support. For example:
Using allocations, the relevant DNIS Group (Sales or Support) is assigned to the matching Choice. In the final step of the Interaction, users see a Statement page (e.g., Welcome to Sales) from which they can contact the customer service center. Due to the DNIS Group allocation, the phone number provided to customers enables them to immediately reach the appropriate department.
Follow the procedure below to create the Interaction and test your settings. The final Interaction flow should look like this:
Note: For detailed information about how to create a new Interaction and design Questions, Choices and Statements, refer to Creating Your First Interaction. For details about allocators and how to create them, refer to Using Custom Variables in Interactions.
To test your DNIS Manager settings:
- Create a multiple choice Question element, followed by two Choice elements (Sales and Support).
- After the Sales choice, add an Allocator element. Set the system variable of DNIS Group to Sales. For example:
- Add another Allocator element to follow the Support choice. Set the system variable of DNIS Group to Support.
- Following the Sales Allocator, add a Statement element (e.g., Welcome to Sales), and enable the Call Now feature:
From the Settings tab of the Statement Definition dialog, select the Display Menu Bar checkbox. Then, select the Enable Call Now checkbox. If desired, you may select additional assistance options to be presented to customers.
- Repeat Step 4 to add a Statement element to follow the Support Allocator element.
- Run the Interaction in the Mobile Web application simulator, and navigate through the steps until you reach the last Statement.
- From the menu bar, click Contact Us.
The Contact Us page opens, displaying an icon for each of the customer assistance features that you enabled in Step 4.
- Click the Call icon.
The phone number that you provided in the Admin Console for the relevant DNIS Group should be displayed.