Custom variable types are created and updated in the Jacada Interaction Server Admin Console. Access the Login page of the Admin Console using the following URL:
https://<SERVER_URL>/admin/login/<COMPANY_ID>. Then, log in by entering your username (email) and password.
Note: COMPANY_ID is the alias you entered when you created your account.
In the following example, we will create a custom variable type that represents a customer object, and add the fields first name, last name, and age.
To create a new custom variable type:
- From the menu bar on the left side of the Admin Console (under Resources), select Custom Variable Types.
The Custom Variable Types page opens. If any custom types have already been defined, they are listed in the grid.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Add.
The Custom Types: New Type page opens.
- In the Name textbox, enter customer.
- If desired, in the Description field, enter notes or comments related to the new custom type.
- Add the first field to the object by defining the following settings:
Note: If you are referencing an external data source, such as a REST or SOAP web service, enter the key exactly as it appears in the data source.
- Key: The identifier for the field, e.g., first_name.
- Alias: A friendly name for the key (e.g., First Name). This setting is displayed in the Interaction Designer.
- Type: The default type is Text. Other supported types are number, currency, date, and boolean.
- To add more fields, click the Add link, and repeat the sequence in Step 4.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save.
A confirmation message is displayed, and the new custom type is listed on the Custom Variable Types page.