The following sections explain how to customize and maintain the structure of your folders tree, so you can organize your Interactions most effectively.
Restructuring the Folders Tree
Jacada Interaction Server supports the ability to change the order in which folders are displayed in the folders tree. Use a drag-and-drop technique to:
- Change the order of the top-level folders.
- Change the order of the child folders inside any parent folder.
- Change the parent of a child folder. (Drag the child folder and drop it inside the new parent.)
- Convert a top-level folder to a child folder. (Drag the top-level folder and drop it inside the new parent.)
Note: The home folder must be the first top-level folder in the tree.
Editing Folder Properties
The Edit button enables you to update a folder's properties (name, description, and Interactions).
To update properties of a folder:
- From the Folders page, select the row of the folder that you want to modify, and then click Edit.
The Folder properties popup opens, with currently defined properties displayed.
- Update the properties as required. For more information about folder properties, refer to Adding Folders.
Note: The name and description properties of the home folder cannot be modified.
- Click Save.
The Folder properties popup closes. Changes are saved in the system.
The Delete button enables you to remove folders that are no longer needed.
The following rules and guidelines apply to deleting folders:
- The home folder cannot be deleted.
- Any folder that contains Interactions cannot be deleted.
- Any folder that contains one or more child folders cannot be deleted.
To remove a folder:
- From the Folders page, select the row of the folder that you want to remove, and then click Delete.
A confirmation message is displayed, and the folder is removed from the folders tree.