Customer assistance features (such as Call) that are configured in the Settings menu of the Admin Console will perform as expected only if the feature is enabled in the channel that the customer is using. For example, if the DNIS Manager call handling method is set up, but the Call feature is not enabled in the application settings of the Mobile Web client, the customers using that application will not be able to successfully contact your call center.
Each customer assistance feature is enabled/disabled on the channel level, from the Applications sub-menu of the Admin Console. The following example shows the Client Settings tab of a Mobile Web application on which all the Contact Us features are enabled:
Use the following procedure to verify that your application(s) supports the Call feature. In the procedure, the Mobile Web client is used as an example. The same workflow applies to the Web Self Service application.
Note: Before beginning this procedure, verify that you have configured DNIS Manager as the default Call Now handling method.
To enable the Call Now feature in the Mobile Web App:
- From the Account menu of the Admin Console, select Applications.
The Applications page opens.
- In the Application Name column of the grid, click the link of your Mobile Web application.
The Details page of the application opens.
- At the top of the page, select the Client Settings tab.
The Client Settings tab is displayed (shown above).
- In the Contact Us frame, verify that the Allow Call Now setting is set to Yes.
- If the Allow Call Now setting is set to No, at the upper right corner of the page, click Edit.
The settings become editable.
- From the dropdown list in the Call Now row, select Yes.
- At the top of the page, select the Connectivity Settings tab, and verify that default application settings are being used.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save.
Changes are saved in the system.