In the first part of the tutorial, we create a new REST Integration Point to call a service that returns a collection of customers. No input parameters are required.
Note: The following procedure is simplified. For complete instructions about creating a REST integration point, refer to Creating a REST Integration Point.
To create the Integration Point:
- From the menu bar on the left side of the Admin Console (under Resources), select Integration Points.
The Web Service Integration Points page opens.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Add, and then select REST.
The New Rest Integration Point page opens.
- In the REST Url field, enter https://gointeract.io/mockcrm/contacts.
- Click Next until the Response tab is displayed.
The expected response from this request type is a collection of customers. We will therefore map the response to a collection type variable.
- From the Variable Type dropdown list, select COLLECTION. Then, from the of type dropdown list, select my_customer. (This is the variable type created in the previous exercise.)
- In the Variable Name field, enter my_customers. This will be the name displayed in the Interaction Designer.
Then, click Next.
- In the Definition tab, enter a name (get my customers) and description for the new integration point.
Then, click Create.
- To exit the New Integration Point wizard, click Done.
- To make the Integration Point visible to others, change its status from Draft to Approved.