Jacada Interact provides user authentication capabilities at both account and application levels.
- You set the default authentication method globally for your account from the Admin Console Settings menu.
- You set the authentication method for an application from the Authentication panel of the selected application.
The Interact Server supports:
- Internal Authentication. Authentication is based on an internal database managed by the Admin Console. Your users are defined on the Users page for the account, with their username and password serving as authentication credentials. This is the default authentication method used by Web Designer, Admin Console and Agent applications. For more details, click here.
- Custom Authentication. Authentication is based on an external Authlink authorization server that operates in accordance with Jacada Interact security requirements. For more details, click here.
- LDAP Authentication. Authentication is based on connection to an LDAP server. For more details about configuring LDAP, click here.
- Oauth2 Authentication (Mobile/Web Clients). Authentication is based on an external authorization server that operates according to the Oauth2 specification. This type of authentication provides an extra security layer for access to protected resources. For more details on Oauth2 workflow, click here.
Note: Interact provides an out-of-the-box Oauth2 simulator, allowing you to test a secured Flow without configuring Oauth2 production server settings. Accounts may then configure this type of authentication against their own Oauth2 servers.