Jacada Interact offers the following functionalities for resetting passwords:
- Change Password: This button enables you change the password that you use to access the Admin Console. The button appears only on your own User's Details page.
- Reset Password: This button enables Account and System Administrators to initiate a process that allows another user to change the password used to access the Admin Console. To help ensure account security, administrators do not have the ability to reset another user's password manually. Instead, the Reset Password process generates an email containing a link, and the email is sent to the relevant user. Clicking the link redirects the user to the Reset Your Password page, where the user can independently set a new password.
If no email settings are defined for either your account or the Jacada Interaction Server system account, the Reset Password function changes the relevant user's password to a default password. This enables the user to access the Admin Console using the default password, and then change this password using the Change Password procedure.
Note: The password of an inactive user may not be changed.
To change your own password:
- From the Users page, in the Full name column, click your name.
Your User's Details page is displayed.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Change Password.
The Change Password popup opens.
- In the Current Password textbox, enter your current password.
- In the New Password textbox, enter the new password. Then, re-enter the new password in the Retype Password textbox.
New passwords need to be at least 8 characters long. In addition, two of the following three requirements must be met:
- A combination of upper case and lower case letters.
- A combination of letters and numbers.
- Use of special characters.
- Click Change Password.
The Change Password popup closes. A confirmation message is displayed, and the new password is saved in the system.
To reset another user's password:
- From the Users page, in the Full Name column, click the name of the relevant user.
The User's Details page is displayed.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Reset Password.
A confirmation message is displayed, and an email containing a link to the Reset Your Password page is sent to the relevant user. For example:
Note: If no email settings are defined for either your account or the Jacada Interact system account, the user's password is reset to a default password.