You add, activate, update and delete Extensions directly from the Extensions page.
Whenever you add an Extension, you must also activate it for a selected Application in order for the Extension to be used.
Note: For sample code examples and more details about writing Application Extensions, click here.
- At the upper right corner of the Extensions page, click Add. The New Extension page is displayed:
In the editor, you'll see placeholders for both the init function and the register method.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your Extension.
- In the Description field, enter a helpful note or comment about the Extension.
- In the initExtensions declaration, replace sample with the name of your Extension. Then, modify or replace the sample code with your own.
When modifying the sample, remember to delete sample code for the technique that you are not using (i.e., if you are not registering the loaded event, delete that portion of the code).
If you need to format the style of new elements that you adding, add it to the Jacada CSS tab in any Theme that is associated with your relevant Applications.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save. A confirmation message is displayed, and the new Extension is listed on the Extensions page.
In addition, the new Extension will be listed in the Available Extensions frame that appears on the Client Settings tab of various Applications.
Note: The new Extension will have no effect on an Application's behavior until you activate it in the Application settings.
Activating Extensions in Applications
By default, all defined Application Extensions are available for use in your Applications. However, for an Extension to actually affect the behavior of an Application, it needs to be activated for that Application. You do this by applying the Extension to the Application.
- From the Extensions page, at the left side of the grid, select the checkbox(es) of the Extension(s) that you want to apply to an Application. To select all Extensions, select the checkbox in the column header. The Apply To list is enabled at the upper right:
- From the Apply To list, select the client to which you want to apply the Extension(s). The Client Settings tab of the selected Application will open in Edit mode.
- In the Extensions section at the bottom of the page, the Extension that you just applied will be listed in the Selected Extensions frame. If other Extensions were previously applied to the Application, the newly applied Extension appears last in the list:
Optionally edit the Selected Extensions list as needed:
- To remove an Extension from the Selected Extensions list, select it and then click the left arrow icon. The Extension moves to the Available Extensions list, and will not longer be applied to the Application.
- To add an available Extension to the Selected Extensions list, select it and then click the right arrow icon. The Extension moves to the Selected Extensions list, and will be applied to the Application.
- To edit the order of the Selected Extensions list, select an Extension and use the up/down arrow icons to move it to the desired position in the list. The order of the Extensions in the list can be important when the same Extension point function is used by more than one Extension. In this case, the functions are executed in the order of the Extensions in the Selected Extensions list.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save. A confirmation message is displayed and the Applications page opens.
You can update the name, description or content of an Application Extension at any time.
- From the Extensions page, in the Name column, click the name of the Extension that you want to apply to modify. The Details page for the Extension opens.
- Update the name, description and/or content of the Extension, as required.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Save. A confirmation message is displayed, and the Extensions page opens.
The Delete button enables you to remove Extensions that are no longer relevant.
Note: Extensions that are applied to one or more Applications cannot be deleted.
- From the Extensions page, at the left side of the grid, select the checkbox(es) of the Extension(s) that you want to delete. The Delete button is enabled.
- At the upper right corner of the page, click Delete. A warning popup is displayed.
- From the popup, click Yes. A confirmation message is displayed, and the Extension is deleted from the account.