You activate and disable SMS campaigns from the Campaign Management page.
Note: A valid DNIS Service application key is required to activate this service.
By default, the Campaign Management service is not enabled. To activate this you need to purchase a phone number from which the messages will be sent.
When a purchased phone number is released, any Campaigns that use the number become disabled. To re-enable the campaigns, a new phone number needs to be purchased.
Note: Trial users may purchase no more than five phone numbers.
To activate SMS campaign management:
- From the menu bar, select Resources > Campaign Management. The Campaign Management page opens:
- From the dropdown list at the top of the page, select the relevant country. If relevant, enter the desired 3-digit area code in the textbox to the right.
Note: Area codes are relevant to the United States and Canada only.
- Click Get Number. The purchased number and a Release button are displayed at the top of the page, and the Add button is enabled.
To disable SMS campaign management:
- From above the grid on the Campaign Management page, click Release. A warning popup opens:
- From the warning popup, click Yes. The list of campaigns becomes disabled. At the top of the page, the purchased number and the Release button are replaced by the activation bar.