Jacada Interact allows you to create and maintain a set of campaigns that give users access to specific Interactions. Each campaign contains a predefined text message that includes a link to the relevant Interaction.
SMS campaigns are beneficial in the following main use case scenarios:
- In an IVR environment, calls to the IVR are intercepted and the caller is redirected to a visual Interaction flow, which is initiated by clicking a link sent by SMS.
- In a sales environment, links to Interactions containing promotional or explanatory material are sent to existing or potential customers.
Note: You can track SMS campaign activities and produce useful metrics to improve your campaign. For details, refer to Deflected Calls Report APIs: Overview.
Call Interception Workflow
Sending a campaign to an IVR caller involves mapping between the IVR and the VIVR, as well as invoking an API that actually sends the message. The workflow is described in the following steps:
- IVR/VIVR Communication: Upon receiving a call that is appropriate for interception, the IVR sends a request to the VIVR. The request includes the following parameters:
* DNIS dialed by the customer
* The customer's phone number (ANI)
- VIVR Mapping: The VIVR uses internal mapping to match the DNIS with the correct text message content and Interaction ID.
- URL Construction: The VIVR constructs the Interaction URL according to the Interaction ID. The customer's phone number is added to the URL as a parameter (caller ID).
- URL Shortening: The VIVR uses a shortening service to shorten the Interaction URL.
- SMS Sent: The VIVR invokes a REST API to send an SMS to the customer's number. The SMS includes the text defined for the DNIS, and the shortened Interaction URL.
For more information about the API, refer to SMS Integration.
- Interaction Launched: The customer receives the SMS, and clicks the shortened Interaction URL to start the Interaction.
SMS Management Menu
The SMS Management page (accessed from the menu bar by selecting Resources > SMS Management) enables you to activate the campaign service and create a set of campaigns. Once your campaigns have been created, you may view and update them from this page.
The following topics describe: