Once you have finished converting your Voice IVR project into a Visual IVR format, you are ready to launch the result. Launching a VIVR VXML Connector Interaction involves opening the Interaction URL in a supported browser. The relevant host and project name must be specified in the URL.
Templates for the Launch Interaction URL are located in the README.txt file. Copy and paste the sample URL into your browser, and then modify the variables listed below. The following templates are provided:
- HTML5 (supported in mobile devices and modern browsers): http://<host>:8982/mobileweb/?Project+Name=<ProjectName>&windowTitle=<WindowTitle>&mode=vivr&windowMode=new&appkey=52bc2aa7e424569558ac5cc&accountId
- HTML4 (supported in all desktop browsers): http://<host>:8982/webselfservice/start.html?Project+Name=<ProjectName>&windowTitle=<WindowTitle>&mode=vivr&windowMode=new&appkey=52bc2aa7e424569558ac5cca&accountId
The Launch Interaction URL structure is as follows:
- host: <host> with the IP of the machine running the VIVR VXML Connector server. By default, the VIVR VXML Connector server uses port 8982. To configure a different port, refer to Configuring the VIVR VXML Connector Port.
- project name: Replace the <project name>with the name of the VIVR VXML Connector project to be loaded. (The name of the project is the folder name in the projects directory.) For more information about configuring VIVR VXML Connector projects, refer to Defining Project Configuration File Settings.
- windowTitle: Replace <WindowTitle> with the title of the browser window displayed when launching a VIVR VXML Connector Interaction from a desktop browser.
Additional URL Parameters
The following additional parameters can be appended to the Interaction URL:
- windowMode: This parameter determines whether the Interaction is launched as a popup (new), or whether the Interaction replaces the content of the current browser window (replace).
For example: http://<host>:8982/webselfservice/start.html?interaction=XXXX&mode=vivr&Project+Name=bank&windowMode=new
If no parameter is specified, the default behavior is that the Interaction is launched in the same window (i.e., replaces the content of the current window).
- Language: This parameter sets the initial language of the UI elements. (This language can be changed later using the Language annotation.) A full language name should be indicated, for example, &Language=English.
- VIVRParam: This parameter passes dynamic values, such as known customer information, into the Visual IVR. For example, if an Interaction is launched using an SMS from the Voice IVR, the ANI of the user and the Voice IVR Session Id is known. In many cases, it is useful to pass this information to the VXML Connector, so it can simulate the behavior of an actual IVR.
To accomplish this, you need to create one value that will be passed in the URL in the VIVRParam parameter. If you want to pass several values in the same string, it is necessary to create your own separator between the different values, based on a character that does not exist in all the values. For example, if you want to pass ANI +16782345678 and SessionId 1234-5678-1234-5678, add the following to the URL using the underscore symbol as a separator:
For additional details about how to use this data in the VXML Connector, refer to Passing Session Data in the URL.
- ExternalSessionId: This parameter is a unique identifier that enables you to interact with the Voice IVR in two different simultaneous sessions (one Visual and one Voice). Voice Proxy is the communication channel between Visual IVR and the Voice IVR. To ensure that each session is working with the same customer, an ID that will be used by both sides (ExternalSessionId) is defined.
When the ExternalSessionId parameter exists, the VXML Connector automatically issues a PutMapping command to the Voice Proxy, based on the ExternalSessionId as extId. The key is InteractionUniqueId and the value is the Interaction Unique Id (which is the Session Id of VXML Connector). By default, when using the Voice Proxy, all variables are associated with the Interaction Unique Id.
For more information about Voice Proxy, refer to IVR Integration.