A Response Element provides a contextual response to the user from within the Intent Flow. The response can draw from any data that is being used in the Flow, as well as the available user and system variables. The response is sent to the NLP Engine, usually following a user request or as a means to update the user on the status of an activity.
You add a Response Element when building or editing an Intent Flow, using the Response Element navigation logic step. A Response Element is indicated on the Interaction map by the symbol .
You can add more than one Response Element to any Intent Flow.
A Response Element is used to present information. It does not collect any data and doesn't require any return data from the user. It uses a built-in editor that lets you easily format and insert text, tables, hyperlinks, and variables into the Response.
Some Response Element examples include:
- Providing information drawn from local or external sources, such as billing status or product summaries.
- Providing real-time data, such as flight information or inventory availability.
- Updating the user after a transaction is completed successfully (or not).
Creating a Response Element
- From the Interaction map, right-click anywhere and select Add a Step, or hover over the step where you want to add the Response Element. The Navigation Logic menu is displayed.
- Hover over the Navigation Logic icon and select Response Element.
The Response Element Editor opens:
- In the General Response Properties field, enter a unique name for the Response Element. This is a required field.
- Enter or paste the text of your response into the Response Element editor. Use the editing options provided to format the text according to your requirements.
Click here for more details about adding text, tables, hyperlinks, variables and styles.
- To save the Response Element, click Create Response Element. The Response Element is added to the Interaction Map.
Editing a Response Element
- Open the Intent Flow containing the Response Element that you wish to change.
- From the Interaction map, double-click on the desired Response Element or right-click on it and select Edit.
The Response Element Editor opens.
- Make the desired changes in the Editor.
- To save your changes, click Update Response Element. The Response Element is updated on the Interaction Map.
Deleting a Response Element
- Open the Intent Flow containing the Response Element that you wish to delete.
- From the Interaction map, right-click on the element and select Delete. A warning message opens.
- Click Yes. The Response Element is deleted from the Interaction Map.