A Response Element provides a contextual response to the user from within the Intent Flow. The response can draw from any data that is being used in the Flow, as well as the available user and system variables. The response typically provides an update on the status of an activity, following a user request.
You add a Response Element when building or editing an Intent Flow, using the Response Element navigation logic step. A Response Element is indicated on the Flow map by the icon.
A Response Element does not collect any data and doesn't require any return data from the user. It uses a built-in editor that lets you easily format and insert text, tables, hyperlinks, and variables into the Response.
You can also provide alternate texts in each Response Element, making it possible to use simple variations on the same answer and so respond to a user in a more natural way. (See the responses shown in the procedure below for an example.)
Some Response Element examples include:
- Providing information drawn from local or external sources, such as billing status or product summaries.
- Providing real-time data, such as flight information or inventory availability.
- Updating the user after a transaction is completed successfully (or not).
Creating a Response Element
- From the Flow map, right-click anywhere and select Add a Step, or hover over the step where you want to add the Response Element. The Navigation Logic menu is displayed.
- Hover over the Navigation Logic icon and click Response Element. The Response Element Editor opens:
- In the Response Name field, enter a unique name for the Response Element. This is a required field.
- For Variation Order, select whether you want any alternative text responses to appear in the order you entered them or in random order.
- Enter or paste the text of each response into the Response Element editor. Use the editing options provided to format the text according to your requirements.
Click here for more details about adding text, tables, hyperlinks, variables and styles.
- To add alternative text responses to this element, click Add Response next to the icon below the current response. A new text editor is displayed, as shown in the example above. Enter and format each response text as you need.
To delete a text response, click on the trash icon at the top right side of the response.
- To save the Response Element, click Create Response Element. The Response Element is added to the Flow Map.
Editing a Response Element
- Open the Intent Flow containing the Response Element that you wish to change.
- From the Flow map, double-click on the desired Response Element or right-click on it and select Edit.
The Response Element Editor opens.
- Make the desired changes in the Editor.
- To save your changes, click Update Response Element. The Response Element is updated on the Flow Map.
Deleting a Response Element
- Open the Intent Flow containing the Response Element that you wish to delete.
- From the Flow map, right-click on the element and select Delete. A warning message opens.
- Click Yes. The Response Element is deleted from the Flow Map.