An Intent Flow is a conversation-driven flow, used exclusively with Jacada's Intelligent Assistant (IA). It supplies the essential data and logic that the IA needs in order to support chatbots for your users.
For more information about the IA, see How the Intelligent Assistant Works.
Note: The option to create or open an Intent Flow is available only after the Jacads IA has been enabled for your account. For details, click here.
Creating an Intent Flow
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select New. The Add New - Select Flow Type popup is displayed.
- Click Create Intent Flow. The Add New Intent Flow popup is displayed:
- In the Flow Name textbox, enter a unique name for your new Intent Flow. We recommend that Flow names include English characters (upper and/or lower case) and numbers (0-9) only.
- If you want, you can select the Intent that will be mapped to this flow. From the dropdown lists in the Select Intent section, select:
Note: Alternatively, you can create the Intent Flow now and assign an Intent later using the Admin Console. For more details, see Assigning an Intent Flow to an Intent.
- Domain. The IA Domain that will be associated with the Intent Flow.
- Intent. The IA Intent that will be associated with the Intent Flow.
- Click Create. The new Intent Flow is added to the File list, and the Flow Map displays the First Step prompt.
- Continue to define the new Intent Flow by adding navigation logic steps.
Opening an Existing Intent Flow
From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select an Intent Flow from the list.
The Recent list shows the last ten Flows that you created or viewed.
If the Intent Flow you want does not appear in the Recent list, you can open it using the Open command:
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select Open.
The Open dialog opens, displaying the Home folder and any additional folders that have been created for your account. (For more information about folders, click here.)
- Expand the tree to view the list of Flows. If a Flow has more than one version, the ten most recent versions are shown, with the latest version listed first.
You can filter the list by entering text in the Search field. Searching will filter the list by Flow Name (or part of a Name) or any text from its Description field. After entering text, click the Search icon to execute the search:
- Select the Intent Flow you want to open, and then click Open.
The selected Intent Flow opens in a new tab.
Navigating between Open Intent Flows
Open Flows appear as tabs in the navigation list at the top of the page. You may have several open at the same time, but only one can be active. The active Flow is highlighted with a yellow underline:
To navigate between open Flows, simply click on the desired Flow tab in the navigation list.
Closing an Intent Flow
From the Navigation list, click on the X next to the Intent Flow name.
Cloning (Duplicating) an Intent Flow
- Ensure that the Intent Flow you want to duplicate is open and currently selected in the Designer.
- From the Toolbar, click the File icon and select Clone. The clone dialog box will be displayed.
- Enter a name for the new cloned Intent Flow. The name must be unique.
- The selected Intent Flow will be cloned to a new tab and focus will be moved to the cloned tab.
Note: Cloning copies all of an Intent Flow's elements without creating any dependencies to the original Intent Flow. Cloning does not affect the Status (Draft/Approved) of the original Intent Flow.
Renaming an Intent Flow
An Intent Flow name can be changed only when it is published. For details on how to rename an Intent Flow using the Admin Console, click here.
Refreshing an Intent Flow
You can manually refresh the active Intent Flow at anytime by clicking the Refresh button in the main toolbar. The refresh will update all the Intent Flow's resources, including system variables, custom types, rules and sub-Flows. Refresh will also redraw the Flow map to reflect any changed resources. Only the currently active Intent Flow is refreshed.
Deleting an Intent Flow
An Intent Flow can not be deleted from within the Web Designer. For details on how to delete an Intent Flow using the Admin Console, click here.