The Interaction Designer uses a precautionary lockout mechanism to help protect user accounts from unauthorized access.
User Lockout Scenario and Remedy
When a user is attempting to access the Designer, should the number of login attempts exceed the Login Attempt Limit set by the Account Admin, access will be locked and the user will be unable to log in to the account without first having their password reset by the Admin.
The following indicators occur on account lockout:
- An email is sent informing the user of the lockout, with instructions for remedy.
- The Status of the affected user will display Locked on the Users page in the Admin Console.
- A lockout message is displayed at the top of the affected user's account settings in the Admin Console.
To unlock the user account:
- In the Account section of the Admin Console, click Users. The Users page is displayed.
- Select the affected user's account settings page. A lockout indication message will appear at the top of this page.
- Click Reset Password. An email will be sent to the user containing a link enabling the user to reset their password.
Note: The user account will remain locked at this time.
- After the user uses the email link to reset their password, the user account will automatically be unlocked and normal access status will resume.
Configuring the Login Attempt Limit
- In the Account section of the Admin Console, click Login Settings. The Login Settings page is displayed.
- Click Edit to enable access to the current settings:
- Enter the number of failed login attempts that are allowed before an account lockout occurs. The default value for this field is 10.
- Click Save to save the current settings.